Working for the Province of Limburg
Working together, Limburg can achieve more!
The Dutch Province of Limburg has been designated the Management Authority (MA) and Certifying Authority (CA) for the Interreg V-A Euregio Meuse-Rhine programme. This means that the province is responsible for managing this cross-border programme, which runs until the end of 2023.
Within the EMR team, the Province of Limburg has a vacancy, for a two-year period, for a
Process secretary (1.0 FTE)
vacancy number 2019EMR02
- assist the Joint Secretariat (JS) project managers with their tasks. In doing so, you can rely on your sensitivity to intercultural differences, as well as your well-developed teamwork, communication and organisational skills;
- use your accuracy, flexibility, and results-driven approach to help you to handle a wide range of tasks without compromising the high quality of your work;
- perform your tasks promptly and independently and ensure sound, efficient and results-driven project management that benefits the programme;
- assist the Provincial Executive project managers in developing new projects in close cooperation with the programme's Management Authority (MA) and the Regional Antennas (RA), assess the quality of the applications submitted, and monitor the implementation of approved projects. This includes liaising directly with project beneficiaries, monitoring compliance with programme rules and reporting regularly to the MA and programme partners as part of the Provincial Executive's broad portfolio of project-related tasks;
- work with your fellow project managers to assist the MA in preparing strategic programme documents and in implementing the evaluation strategy for the 2014-2020 programming period;
- defend the programme’s and EU’s positions and criteria with various interlocutors;
- assist colleagues and temporarily take over their tasks when necessary.
We are looking for
- a higher professional qualification and commensurate knowledge and skills, with a broad knowledge of a domain relevant to the programme.
- a good understanding of how administrative and organisational structures function within government.
- professional experience in managing Interreg programmes or projects, preferably at both levels, is an asset.
- strong analytical skills and the ability to properly structure and present complex issues.
- a commitment to cross-border cooperation.
- intrinsic motivation and a positive attitude towards changes and challenges.
- well-developed communication, presentation, moderator and teamwork skills.
- ability to maintain contacts with project partners and the staff of the bodies involved in the programme.
- sufficient knowledge of Word and Excel.
- native-speaker proficiency in one of the languages of the Euregio (French, German, Dutch); a good working knowledge of the other languages is a valuable asset in this position;
- fluent in English;
- willingness to learn the languages of the Euregio
- knowledge competencies
- theoretical and practical knowledge regarding one or more of the thematic priorities selected by the programme (innovation, SME support/sustainability, social inclusion, education, labour market, territorial development);
- a firm grasp of political-administrative structures and relationships;
- experience in financial management, the use of simplified cost options (SCOs), and/or management of State aid;
- experience in preparing/implementing programme evaluations and/or drawing up annual implementation plans;
- experience in advising and guiding applicants;
- commitment to accuracy and reliability;
- ability to work under stress.
- behavioural competencies
- results-driven: you set challenging (but achievable) goals and make every effort to attain them;
- planning and organising: you plan and organise large and difficult tasks and assignments and implement short-term solutions subject to unforeseen circumstances that may have specific repercussions for others;
- progress monitoring: you track the progress of your own work and that of others;
- accuracy and a sense of quality: you continue to deliver quality work under heightened pressure and actively seek opportunities to improve the quality of your work;
- ability to take the initiative and excellent communication skills.
an interesting full-time job (36-hour working week), with a gross monthly salary of up to € 4,017.08, salary scale 10 (depending on age, education and experience and excluding Individual Choice Budget). In addition, you will work in a professional environment that takes its inspiration from the needs and requirements of society.
The Province of Limburg offers excellent fringe benefits, such as the Individual Choice Budget of approximately 22%. This includes the holiday allowance (8%) and a regular end-of-year bonus (8.3%). You decide when you would like to have which part of it paid out, on top of your monthly salary. This allows you to make monthly active choices that fit your individual needs and thus influence your monthly income.
Are you interested?
Then we would like to receive your application before 28 February 2019. Please e-mail your application to email@example.com for the attention of the Provincial Executive, Personnel and Organisation Department, [College van Gedeputeerde Staten, Personeel en Organisatie], stating vacancy number 2019EMR01.
Do you first require further details?
Please contact Mark Vos, Coordinator Interreg V-A Euregio Meuse-Rhine, via telephone number +31(0) 646 624 792, completely without obligation.
The first selection round will take place on 28 March 2019, the possible second round on 3 April 2019.
The selection procedure may involve an assessment.