Working for the Province of Limburg
Working together, Limburg can achieve more!
The Dutch Province of Limburg has been designated the Management Authority (MA) and Certifying Authority (CA) for the Interreg V-A Euregio Meuse-Rhine programme. This means that the province is responsible for managing this cross-border programme, which runs until the end of 2023.
Within the EMR team, the Province of Limburg has a vacancy, for a two-year period, for a
Financial officer with an affinity for IT applications (1.0 FTE)
vacancy number 2019EMR01
- assist the Joint Secretariat (JS) project managers in financial matters as they implement their projects, in particular preparing payment requests and submitting them to the eMS monitoring system;
- track programme/project budgets and monitor implementation and financial viability;
- produce financial analyses and forecasts for the programme, based on data from eMS and other online reporting systems, including those of the European Union and the Province of Limburg. be responsible for the financial administration of the programme, including compliance audits;
- collect and process data for progress reports, management and other reporting, budget amendments, budget applications, and for the preparation of financial overviews concerning the programme's budgetary management;
- be responsible for financial monitoring, in particular with regard to EU and national rules on Interreg funding and related areas (public procurement, State aid, etc.);
- assist colleagues and temporarily take over their tasks when necessary;
- monitor programming and amendments in the Electronic Monitoring System (eMS system), for which purpose you will:
- collect and review questions, complaints and wishes regarding the eMS system under management;
- monitor problems with the performance of the eMS system, identify users' wishes and collect specific information, for example in accordance with EU directives with which the system must comply;
- suggest possible adaptations to the eMS system;
- manage the functional documentation and user manual of the eMS system;
- monitor data file accessibility, file archiving and backups;
- remain in close touch with Rechenwerk, the firm responsible for programming, and keep close track of timing and agreements;
- take Interact training courses to keep abreast of the latest developments;
- be responsible for preparing the tender dossier for centrally organised Technical Assistance.
We are looking for
- higher professional qualification and commensurate level of knowledge and skill.
- general theoretical and practical knowledge of finance, law, IT, economics, political science.
- experience working with cross-border cooperation and/or European programmes is an asset.
- ability to move fluidly within a government organisation.
- ability to maintain contacts with project partners and the staff of the bodies involved in the programme.
- financial-analytical knowledge and skills and the ability to maintain an overview.
- affinity for figures, project budgets, tables and financial data.
- ability to take the initiative and excellent communication skills.
- excellent knowledge of Word and Excel and the ability to program in Excel.
- affinity for IT applications.
- priority is given to candidates who have experience working with Interreg programmes and/or projects.
- native-speaker proficiency in one of the languages of the Euregio (French, German, Dutch); a good working knowledge of the other languages is a valuable asset in this position;
- fluent in English;
- willingness to learn the languages of the Euregio.
- knowledge competences:
- knowledge of and insight into financial project control, or willingness to learn;
- familiarity with public procurement legislation in the various Member States, or willingness to learn quickly.
- behavioural competences:
- results-driven: you set challenging (but achievable) goals and make every effort to attain them;
- planning and organising: you can plan and organise large and difficult tasks and assignments and implement short-term solutions subject to unforeseen circumstances that may have specific repercussions for others;
- progress monitoring: you can track the progress of your own work and that of others;
- accuracy and a sense of quality: you continue to deliver quality work under heightened pressure and actively seek opportunities to improve the quality of your work.
an interesting full-time job (36-hour working week) at a gross monthly salary of up to € 4,017.08, salary scale 10 (depending on age, education and experience and excluding Individual Choice Budget). In addition, a professional environment that takes its inspiration from the needs and requirements of society.
The Province of Limburg offers excellent fringe benefits, such as the Individual Choice Budget of approximately 22%. This includes a holiday allowance (8%) and a systematic year-end bonus (8.3%). You decide when you want each particular component to be paid, on top of your monthly salary. This allows you to actively make monthly choices that fit your individual needs and thus influence your monthly income.
Are you interested?
Then we would like to receive your application before 28 February 2019. Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Provincial Executive, Personnel and Organisation Department, [College van Gedeputeerde Staten, Personeel en Organisatie], stating vacancy number 2019EMR01.
Do you first require further details?
Please contact Mark Vos, Coordinator Interreg V-A Euregio Meuse-Rhine, via telephone number +31(0) 646 624 792, completely without obligation.
The first selection round will take place on 28 March 2019, the possible second round on 3 April 2019.
The selection procedure may involve an assessment.