The main objective of the project EMRWINE is to create a Euregional network on MRE between the production and training sectors in viniviticulture in order to create an ecological, sustainable, and local sector in its means of production and consumption. The Euregio Meuse-Rhine has a long history linked to wine and as such, being part of a responsible evolution of its production is part of this logic.
In order to achieve this objective, it will be necessary to link the different stakeholders in the sector to define a new pedagogical programme for wine and agricultural training in the project partner regions, to facilitate the exchange of good practices between learners, trainers, and professionals, and to generate integrated training paths on the Euregio Meuse-Rhine where learners will explore existing practices in the different regions of our territory.
Therefore, EMRWINE will provide:
- Learners with skills on the 3 central themes of agroecology:
- Producing differently by rethinking our production systems;
- Preserving the resources on which wine production is based;
- Responding to society's legitimate demand to engage wine-growing towards new possible growth models.
- Trainers of tools to learn how to produce differently. The project should enable the resources and expertise of the Euregio Meuse-Rhine to be pooled in order to analyse the evolution of the different regions of Europe according to the climate changes they have undergone (both positive and negative).
This analysis will contribute to the development of a strong Euregional policy for the consolidation and growth of an evolving wine sector in our regions. Therefore, promoting the meeting between learners, trainers, and professionals of the Euregio Meuse-Rhine will help to amplify the impact of this green deal due to the territorial proximity, the common issues on greening, and similar climate changes.
The EMRWINE project will enable the following elements:
- To carry out exchange days between learners and teachers in the partner regions
- To organise awareness workshops for professionals in the sector and more largely for all citizens
- To carry out internships in the EMR vineyards (cross-border mobility)
- To carry out 4 joint training programmes for technicians/educational teams/Students/Professionals
- To set up a communication and marketing strategy, with an ambassador, for an agroecological label for wine in the Meuse-Rhine Euregio
- To set up an ecological wine e-training unit in the Meuse-Rhine Euregio (e-EMRWINE)