On 3 July 2020, the Monitoring Committee Interreg Euregio Meuse-Rhine selected 5 projects under the COVID-19 call. In total, almost € 4.55 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) was allocated to the 5 new projects.
Next 5 COVID-19 projects will be launched:
- wearIT4COVID: realisation of a portable and real-time monitoring system of COVID-19 patients
- CoDaP: developing cross-border consensus treatment guidelines, establishing a COVID-19 data platform to anticipate a new wave, a study to improve clinical guidelines and building an efficient and secure IT infrastructure.
- CORESIL: develop a coherent offering to strengthen the autonomy of vulnerable people and their natural recovery.
- euPrevent COVID: to understand the impact of COVID-19 on the Euregio by investigating the prevalence of antibodies in individuals from the region.
- Pandemric: strengthen cooperation within the Euregio in tackling major crises such as COVID-19, including the exchange of information, cooperation between ICU departments and examining the legal aspects of cross-border ambulance transport. In addition, an early warning system and a centre for the collective procurement of protective equipment are also being rolled out.
The projects will receive 90 % co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund. By developing these projects, the Euregio Meuse-Rhine will be better armed to tackle the outbreak of a pandemic even more effectively across borders.